Search Engine Optimisation is one of the most crucial elements of Digital Marketing. Many people have a myth that ‘SEO is dead.’ But it is wrong, SEO still stands as of the most successful factors for the success of the website. It helps in better brand building through increased authority.
In this article, I will be discussing, why it is very important to analyze and optimize your on-page before starting your off-page activities. But before that,
What is On-Page and Off-page SEO?
Any activity that is performed on the website to improve the SERP rankings and that you can control anytime is known as On-page SEO. Example, optimizing Meta Tags, Image Tags, etc. And, any steps taken off the website to build a strong brand name and improve SERP is known as Off-page SEO. The most common examples are building backlinks, Guest posts, QA forums, etc.
Now, coming back to the question,
Why On-page analysis is important before the Off-page technique?
On-page SEO will not only be beneficial for search engine(s) but also for users. Hence, should be done on priority.
- To provide the customer what they are looking for.
These days, companies are too busy with their off-page SEO efforts that they forget to optimize on-page. When a customer reaches the website through backlinks, it finds something different. This generally happens when you have too many products to promote and you don’t optimize your website correctly.
- For better crawling and readability
To depict ‘Who you are’. It is very essential to tell Google who you are and what you do. It is possible only if you optimize your on-page appropriately with the right keywords. It helps in better readability of your content by the bots.
- For Search engine listings
Google makes use of Meta tags for its listing. When a customer types a particular query, these listings are presented in front of the user for the query/keywords they type. You will miss a chance to be in SERP results if you don’t optimize your Title and description tags.
- For better Google Image Search Results:
If your website has a good number of images especially infographic and high quality, they stand a chance to be in SERP rankings. If you optimize alt text, your image can be accessed by users and then your web traffic can be increased.
Tips to improve your On-page SEO analysis:
On-page SEO analysis is not rocket science. It just needs little attention, in the beginning, to make things better and right in the future. Some of the tips are:
- Prepare a list of Keywords that are a must in your business. You can use Google Keyword Planner or any other tool for keyword research. Don’t forget to use the brand and long-tail keywords.
- Optimize your URL or rather choose a URL that has keywords in it.
- Optimize your header tags with your primary keywords. You can use SEO Quake or any other tool to inspect the header tags. Make sure your website’s H1, H2, and H3 are correctly optimized.
- Meta Tags play a key role in listings by search engines. Meta Tags include the Title tag, Description Tags and Keywords are. Make sure you fill it correctly so that it looks search engine friendly and not spammy.
- Frame your content. It should be original and attractive to bring more customers.
- Optimize your image tags. The Alt-text can help you in improved Google image search results.
So, these are some of the ways to optimize your on-page SEO activities. If you have still not analyzed your on-page activities, do it now as On-page analysis is a must before off-page techniques. If you are finding it troublesome, visit us, 6S Marketers, the best digital marketing agency.